martedì 5 febbraio 2013

OSPITI DEL SOMBRERO CLUB: DAVE LOEMPIAVRETER

Infine, ma non ultimo, l'altra esclusiva del prossimo Sombrero. Dave, oltre a suonare il basso nel gruppo del buon Pallino, e un ottimo dj e promoter. Organizza un ottimo allighter reggae in Olanda, che si chiama Endless Memories. Non perdetevelo, al Sombrero Club !!!!!!



My DJ carreer started in Tokyo, Japan the year was probably 2009, it wasn't a proper DJ gig, it was more a 60 minute selection of a few records I bought on that holiday, staple tunes I still have to this day like Sufferer, Loving Reggae, Bigger Boss, Bangarang Crash etc. etc.
Back in the Netherlands I started playing proper gigs and since that time I've been spinning at places all over Holland, Germany and Belgium.
In 2011, Rob "The Night Doctor" started Endless Memories and asked me to join in and now together we arrange annual parties of Endless Memories serving only the tastiest Jamaican Oldies and bringing in interesting DJs for the audience's pleasure. My weapons of music mostly consist of Early Reggae and Rocksteady with Ska tunes making themselves heard every now and then.

As for my top 5:
1. Wrigglers - The Cooler (Giant)
2. Jack Sparrow – Ice Water (Doctor Bird)
3. The Wanderers - Wiggle Waggle (JA Blank)
4. Lloyd & Glen - That Girl (JA Blank)
5. Don Henry - As Long As I Live (Merritone)